Search Our Posts

May 15, 2014

Letters/Notes: from Terri Clifton [A Visit To 19]


A Visit to Nineteen

Why are you there, by the window with your chin in your hand, Nineteen?
I watch you, you know. Going through your days. The risks you take, the ones you don't. Letting everyone think you're cocksure even when you don't have a clue. Maybe not the best strategy, but the one you've chosen. It will do for now.

You've found only half your confidence, the part that believes in what you can do, and it makes me wish for some way to show you how to believe in who you are. But scanning forward, I know that life will teach you soon enough.

All the answers you seek are inside you. Outside things—people, events—will trigger your ability to access them. Lessons will be repeated until learned.

I float here, a wisp of future, too insubstantial to leave you with anything except wishes. But there's a deep magic in wishes from the heart, so this I'll do.

I wish you Love. The all pervasive kind that colors everything you look at, especially yourself.  It will break your heart, multiple times. Small breaks, and deep bruises. But never let go.

I wish you Energy and the knowledge that it has to be replenished from within. You produce your own power and it has to be fed. Nourish your body and your mind everyday.

I wish you Passion, which is the combination of the first two. Use it.

I know for a fact these three wishes find you. I'm glad that you cannot see the path you'll take; it would frighten you. Just know you make it.

I'll be watching your tears, your triumphs.  I'll be amazed at your strength and courage, which you'll gift to me. Thank you for all you go through to find them.

And I'll be watching that day when it begins to click, the one where you learn to live in the moment, to know that your happiness is all in your hands and your attitude determines much of your path.

There's a great deal of hard work ahead of you, but you'll manage. You'll build your dreams, one day at at a time. I am that dream, and I am alive.

Keep going, Nineteen. We've more to accomplish yet. I'll do my part.
(I find myself smiling, wondering what our future self is seeing, wishing for me now.)

One last thing before I go, child. Be at peace with the mistakes you'll make; I've already forgiven you. Every step you took brought me here, and I love you for it.

To learn more about Terri click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment